Charging the Cancellation Fee
To collect the cancellation fee, follow these steps:
- Tap on the appointment in question
- Scroll down and select the Mark as No-Show (Collect Fee) option
Cancellation Fee Calculation
Please be aware that our cancellation fee collects the fee that was in place at the time of booking.
For instance, if a client books an appointment when the cancellation fee is set to 50%, that appointment will be locked to the 50% fee. If you subsequently update the cancellation fee to 100%, previously booked appointments will still be subject to the 50% fee, while new appointments will collect the updated 100% fee.
Additionally, if a service was booked at one price and later updated to reflect a different price, the cancellation fee will be based on the original price at the time of booking.
Updating the Cancellation Fee
If you need to charge the updated cancellation fee for an appointment that is locked to the prior fee, we recommend following these steps:
- Cancel the appointment without collecting a fee (Mark as No-Show (No Fee))
- Rebook the appointment on the calendar
- Cancel the rebooked appointment once again
This rebooking process will lock the appointment to the new cancellation fee of 100%, enabling you to collect the appropriate fee upon cancellation.
Cancellation Fee and Deposits
If you have Deposits set up, the amount charged for the cancellation fee will be the remainder that was not covered by the deposit. For example:
- If you have a $2 service with a $1 deposit (50%), a cancellation fee of 100% would amount to $1 (the remaining 50% of the service)
- If you have a $2 service with a $1 deposit (50%), a cancellation fee of 50% would be $0 since the deposit already covered the 50% fee