We want to get you back to hustling as soon as possible. Here are a few fixes if you are having any trouble. As always, we are available at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text at 1-888-979-7864.
Does your card reader need to be charged?
- Press the power button. If the light flashes red or does not flash any color, your card reader needs to be charged.
- Use your micro USB (black CMM) or USB-C (white CMM) cord and plug it into a USB port like a cell phone charger.
- Once plugged in, your card reader’s light will start flashing magenta and red (black CMM) or one green dot (white CMM).
- Give your CMM 30 minutes to fully charge up, and you’re ready to keep killin’ it!
If you are having trouble charging your card reader
- Use your phone’s flashlight to shine a light into the charging port and check if there is any debris
- Try a new power outlet
- Test your micro USB (black CMM) or USB-C (white CMM) cord with a different USB port for charging
- If your cord looks damaged, try using a different cord from another device’s charger. Devices such as phones, cameras, and GPS units often use similar USB cords.
- Lastly, try resetting your card reader by pressing the circular rest button next to the charging portal. We recommend using a paperclip!
Note: If your CMM is still not charging, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com or text us at 1-888-979-7864.
I can’t connect my card reader to my mobile device
First, completely quit your GG app and re-open it. Also, restart your card reader by turning it off and then back on.
- Did you complete your first-time setup? Your card reader is not able to connect until this is done. Follow these directions to set up your card reader.
- Check if your card reader is connected to your phone’s Bluetooth. Find directions on how to check here.
- Lastly, try resetting your card reader by pressing the circular rest button next to the charging portal. We recommend using a paperclip! Once it’s reset, complete the first-time setup
My client’s card isn’t working - how do I swipe, tap and insert cards?
We want to get you back on your mi$$ion. To make sure your CMM card reader can detect your client’s card try:
- For cards with a magnetic chip on the front (EMV chip): Insert the card instead of swiping it or tapping it. For the safety of your client, cards that can be inserted will not work when you swipe them, because inserting is safer than swiping. Make sure the chip is facing the side with the GlossGenius logo.
- Inserting a card: Make sure the metal chip (EMV chip) on your client’s card is facing the side with the GlossGenius logo (see more details here).
- Tapping a card: Tap the side of your client’s card that has the metal chip onto the side with the GlossGenius logo (see more details here).
- Swiping a card: You can only swipe cards that do not have metal chips (EMV chips). Check that the magnetic stripe is facing downwards and towards the card reader (so you cannot see it) and facing the side with the GlossGenius logo (see more details here). Now swipe the card from left to right or right to left, and ka-ching you are all set!
My Touch ID pay comes up when I am checking out my clients
When checking out a client, make sure your CMM card reader is more than an inch away to stop Touch ID pay from coming up on your screen.
My card reader turns off on its own
If you go to lunch and take your phone far away from your CMM, the card reader will disconnect and power off. Once you return and turn on your CMM it will automatically reconnect!
If your CMM and phone have been next to one another and your CMM disconnects, try leaving the GlossGenius app and reopening it.
Here are a few other ways to reconnect your card reader:
- Easily reconnect in Checkout by tapping Use Card Reader > select the "i" to the right of your device name under All paired readers tap Connect Reader.
- Quickly reconnect by going to Settings > Card Reader & Checkout > Card Readers > My Card Readers > Connect device select the "i" to the right of your device name under All paired readers tap Connect Reader.
Article is closed for comments.