Note: Although White CMM's have a slight different design, the steps to take payment is exactly the same!
Check out your clients!
Your card reader makes checkout easy and quick! Before checking out a client, make sure you have completed your first-time setup, and your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on.
How to check out a client with a GlossGenius card reader
- Turn on your card reader by tapping the power button. It will flash blue when on
- Open your GlossGenius app and Tap “Checkout” on the bottom tab
- Select a client to check out or tap "+" for a new check out
- Tap “Checkout”.
- Finalize the charge, then tap “Charge”
- Tap “Use Card Reader", tap "Connect" > "Back" if reconnecting
- Your client can insert, tap or swipe a card
- Ask if your client is happy with a tip
- Tap "Pay now" for a contactless checkout (no signature needed!)
- Email or text them a receipt & book their next appointment
Does it matter what direction the card reader is facing?
Yes! The card reader has two sides, so you’ll want to make sure the card is facing the correct direction so your payments go through. Learn more below!
How to Insert Chip Cards
If the card has a chip, always insert the chip into the CMM with the chip facing the GlossGenius logo in the bottom right corner. This will help protect your business from payment disputes. If you swipe the chip card it won’t work unless you have already tried inserting it and the payment didn’t go through.
How to Swipe Non-chip Cards
Turn the card upside down so the magnetic stripe is facing downwards. Swipe non-chip cards with the magnetic stripe facing the GlossGenius logo. Swipe the card from left to right or right to left, and you just got paid!
Why will my reader not let me swipe my client’s cards?
Cards that have metal chips on them (EMV chips) will only work if you insert them into your card reader. This is because your client’s bank wants to keep their information safe, and inserting a card is much safer than swiping a card.
How to Tap Phones & NFC Cards for a Contactless Checkout
For a touchless checkout, tap phones with Apple or Google Pay, or any contactless NFC card on the side with the GlossGenius logo. Make sure the phone or card is within 1 inch of the card reader.