- Troubleshoot Your Mobile Device
- Force Quit the GlossGenius App
- Check the Strength of Your Wi-Fi Connection
- Delete and Reinstall the GlossGenius App
- Make Sure Your Version of GlossGenius is Up-To-Date
If you run into trouble using the GlossGenus app, these tips will help you get quickly back to a smooth experience. If you are still experiencing issues after trying these tips, please contact GlossGenius Support.
Troubleshoot Your Mobile Device
If the GlossGenius app doesn't seem to be acting the way you expect, try the following tips:
- Make sure that both your mobile device and the GlossGenius app are up-to-date.
- Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
- Force quit the app on your device.
- Turn wifi off and leverage your phone's data connection to ensure a weak wifi connection isn't causing an experience slowdown.
- Delete and reinstall the app. Click here for Apple’s support site or Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.
Deleting and reinstalling the app will not impact your GlossGenius account because your data is stored on our servers. You can delete the app, reinstall it and log back into your account with your email address and password. All of your data will be there when you log back in.
Force Quit the GlossGenius App
Sometimes it can be helpful to force quit the app on your device. Force quitting an app is like clearing it from your phone's running memory, or turning it off and on again. And it can help getting the experience back to normal.
Force quit on an iOS device
- Double-tap the home button to view your recently used apps. This is the circular button at the bottom center of your iPhone that you use to unlock your phone.
- Find the GlossGenius app and swipe up out of the app in an upward motion.
- Press the home button again to close your recently used apps, and return to the home screen.
Force quit on an Android device
- Within “Settings,” select “Application” and continue to “Manage Applications.”
- From here, you’ll be able to select all running applications. Tap the GlossGenius app and then force quit the application.
- On most Android devices, you can also do this by tapping the bottom left button of squares and swiping up out of the app.
Note: If you see the error Screen Overlay Detected on your Android device, you will need to disable that setting. To do so:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Visit your Apps section.
- Select the Draw over other apps menu, toggle the Permit Drawing Over Other Apps off for those apps.
Check the Strength of Your Wi-Fi Connection
Often times it may be the case that freezing, slowing, and getting stuck is caused by a slow WiFi network or weak data connection. When the signal is not strong, this interferes with navigating to another screen and expected experience within the app. WiFi can appear to be connected and at full bars, but you may not completely be authenticated to the network. This can create a mere illusion of strong WiFi, yet your device is not really receiving a true signal.
Turn wifi off and leverage your phone's data connection to ensure a weak wifi connection isn't causing an experience slowdown.
How to turn wi-fi off and utilize your phone's data connection
- Open Settings on your device.
- From here, tap on the "Wi-Fi" panel. Turn Wi-Fi off.
- Reopen the app.
Delete and Reinstall the GlossGenius App
None of your data will be lost if you reinstall!
Deleting and reinstalling the app will have absolutely no impact on your GlossGenius account and associated data. None of your data will be lost because it's all securely stored on our servers and will be there when you log back in.
How to reinstall the app
See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions. A quick tip is to long press on the app from your device's screen, press the "x" and then head to your App store to reinstall the latest version.
Once you’ve deleted the app, you can access all of your account info by logging back in to your account with your existing email address and password.
Make Sure Your Version of GlossGenius is Up-To-Date
We stay on top of releasing updates that improve your experience within the GlossGenius app! These updates often contain new releases that allow for smooth & improved functionality. If you're not running the latest version of the app, make sure that you update it! To get the latest version:
- Visit the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play Store (Android) on your device and view the "Updates" tab. This will show you a list of all apps on your phone with updates available.
- Find the GlossGenius app and press "Update". This should take less than 30 seconds.
- Open the app again.