Process a Full Refund:
Head to the “Checkout” section of the app and tap the “Past” button at the top of the page. This will give you a list of all past charges you have run. Tap into the charge you want to refund. At the bottom of the charge details page, tap the “Refund” button and confirm you want to issue the refund.
Process a Partial Refund:
We're working on a way to let you handle partial refunds right from the app, but in the meantime, we can handle this for you! Can you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- client's name,
- date of the appointment
- amount of the refund
- where the refund should removed from (gratuity, product, service)
Still have questions? See below for frequently asked questions about refunds:
- How long will it take my client to get the refund? Refunds are initiated as soon as you refund the client. Once you do this, it typically takes 5-10 business days for a refund to process and get sent directly back to your client’s original form of payment.
- Is there a fee to process a refund? No, not at all. The payment processing fees will be refunded to either you or the client based on your settings so there are absolutely no fees for refunds.
- What happens if a refund was sent to a canceled card? One of the following may happen:
- If a new card was activated with the same card issuer, the refund will be automatically credited to the new payment card.
- If the account was closed recently (generally in the past 2 months), the refund may be accepted by the card issuer and the card issuer normally reaches out directly to the buyer to notify them of next steps.
- If the account has been closed for a longer period of time, the credit will fail. If this happens, we will notify you of the failure and you’ll need to refund the client outside of GlossGenius via cash or check.
- For questions that your client have, have them reach out to the card issuing bank to locate the refund. If they’re still unable to locate it after talking with their bank, contact us at email@example.com