Adding Gratuity with a Cash Payment
1. After selecting Cash as the payment method, toggle on the Add Gratuity button
2. Enter the dollar amount of the tip in the box below the Add Gratuity button.
3. Enter the total amount of cash the client is paying in the top box. If exact cash, enter the total cost of the services provided (services, products, other), plus gratuity. If change is needed, enter the total amount the client is paying, and change will be calculated automatically after tapping Pay Now.
4. Tap Pay Now to complete the transaction.
Adding Gratuity with a Card Payment
We offer four different payment methods to capture card payments. The appearance of the gratuity screen depends on the payment method you choose during the checkout process. Here's a breakdown of when you can expect the gratuity options to appear:
- Use Card Reader - The gratuity options will be displayed after you have successfully inserted, tapped or swiped the client's card
- Scan or Enter New Card - The gratuity options will be displayed after you have successfully entered in client's card information
- Card on file - The gratuity options will appear immediately upon selecting this payment method
- Tap to Pay - The gratuity options will appear immediately upon selecting this payment method
Clients adding a gratuity with either of these payment options can choose from three customizable percentages, a Custom option where they can enter in a dollar amount, or select None if they are not providing a tip.
After the gratuity option has been selected, tap the Pay Now button to complete the transaction.
Customizing Your Default Gratuity Settings
You can customize the three gratuity percentages shown to your clients at checkout by tapping Settings > Card Reader & Checkout > Checkout Settings > Gratuity Settings.